The European Kansei Group was founded on the last day of the Confernce for Kansei Engineering and Emotonal Research (KEER 2014) in Linköping, June 2014. In September 2014 the group had it first official annual meeting at UPC in Barcelona where some of the organisation was formalized.
As the founding president Simon Schütte (Linköping University) and as the founding secretary Lluis Marco Almagro (Barcelona Tech) were elected by a founding comittee. The task was given to start up the society. The first ordinary election will be held at 2015 meeting in Paris.
The European Kansei Group (EKG) has the following intentions:
- Lump together everybody interested in Kansei in Europe.
- Promote the use of Kansei Engineering in European companies, both in big corporations and SMEs.
- Foster research in Kansei to make it more powerful, easier to use, and deeply adapted to the European reality.
Our ideas for fulfilling these aims are:
- Being an internet based association, with face meetings from time to time.
- Starting modestly, and staying flexible enough to evolve depending on the members’ needs.
- Inviting both people from academia and industry to join.
- Finding synergies and stimulating collaboration between members.
- Being alert and actively searching funding opportunities.